CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 31, 2008

My Perspective


God’s Beauty Treatment

by Deborah Blackburn


Canadians and Americans spend billions of dollars every year on cosmetics. The big thing now for women is, getting a complete make over. I think most women deep down are quite intrigued by the idea of having a complete make-over and many would love to give it go. Moreover; it sure would be fun to see the "before" and "after" images.


However; as fun as it sounds, the best beauty treatment for us is not found in a bottle, but in a book : the Bible. Proverbs 31:30 and 1Peter3:3-5 reveal God’s beauty treatment for women. . "Do not let adornment by arranging hair, wearing gold or putting on fine apparel determine one’s beauty - rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with a gentle quiet spirit decide upon one’s real beauty, which is precious in the sight of God."


God is clear in reminding us that it is not make up on her face but the make up of a woman’s heart that truly makes her beautiful.


I wonder how many of us spend as much money and time on our spiritual beauty as we do on our physical beauty? In this day and age I think Christian women seriously have to consider this question and understand that; God’s standards for determining a woman’s real beauty is what really matters most in the end.


We certainly can’t all be fashion models, but we can all be fashioned by grace as models of our Lord Jesus Christ!

1 comments:

Amanda Leigh said...

Great message mom! I am so glad to have a mom who focuses on her Inner Beauty! It just makes you more beautiful on the outside too! I Can't wait for CHRISTMAS